Icelandic Farm Holidays Ltd. is a travel agency which emphasises cultural and nature tourism. Domestically, the company specialises in promoting, marketing, and selling the accommodation and recreation services offered throughout the country by Icelandic farmers, while also arranging specialised tours overseas.
In collaboration with the Association of Icelandic Farm Holidays, the travel agency aims at leading the field of sustainable tourism in Iceland. This policy, and its execution in the daily activities of every enterprise involved, will become one of the most important indications of quality in future tourism.
In endeavouring to achieve sustainable tourism, the travel agency will aim to maximise the positive and minimise the negative environmental, economic and social impacts of tourism in Iceland and its other areas of operation..
The management and employees at the office of Icelandic Farm Holidays are therefore to:
- constantly emphasise improvements in operations and services, aiming to reduce harmful impact on the environment and to attain annual environmental certification by EarthCheck, including reduction of pollution by reducing the waste of assets, e.g. by reusing and recycling, along with saving energy and utilising environmentally friendly materials,
- give preference to goods and services produced locally which do not adversely affect the organisation’s operational activities, viability and environmental and social impacts, give preference to goods and services produced locally and with minimal environmental impact,
- employ persons living in the local area, whenever possible,
- continuously seek further education in environmental matters and disseminate such information to their colleagues and Association members,
- inform customers of the Association’s environmental policy and encourage protection of the environment,
- work toward the distribution of tourists through time and space when organising trips and if suitable,
- make this policy available on request to all interested parties and encourage them to participate in our efforts to protect the environment,
- endeavour to fulfil the provisions of laws and regulations to which the company subscribes,
- revise the sustainability policy regularly and to attain annual environmental certification by EarthCheck.
Sustainability Policy of Icelandic Farm Holidays 2013
The administration office is EarthCheck gold certified.